By Mark Allen
We’re excited to announce that Identiv’s Velocity 3.6 is now available. Visit identiv.com/support to download the latest version of Velocity, Identiv’s Security Management System software environment designed for use with the uTrust family of controllers and readers.
What This Means
The latest Velocity update provides:
- Support for newer versions of Microsoft’s Windows operating system (including Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2012, and Windows Server 2012 R2)
- Support for newer versions of Microsoft’s SQL Server database management software (including SQL Server 2012, and SQL Server 2014)
- The ability for a credential to perform a specific access function on up to nine (9) door groups per controller
- Support for IPv6 addressing (which is a feature of the new SNIB3 board)
- A few other new features and enhancements
- Numerous bug fixes
What If I Have an Older Version of Velocity?
End of Support (EOS) for Velocity 3.1 will be effective April 1, 2016. Please be sure to relate to end users the importance of keeping Velocity current. Contact your Identiv Regional Manager for assistance in helping customers upgrade. As a reminder, support is no longer available for Velocity 3.0 and older, unless clients purchase per-incident support.