By Uma Welingkar
Capturing insightful data using video analytics from video systems allows you to create intelligent business operations, helping to keep customers and employees safe. Applying video analytics to video surveillance systems also gives you rich operational insights to strategically engage with their customers and citizens. And video analytics help create next-generation predictive applications that provide tangible security, business, and customer service benefits.
The Evolution of Video Analytics
From 1990 to the early 2000s, video analytics were server-based and located on-premises, but by the 2010s, had moved to the edge. Now, video analytics are cloud-based and utilize artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning to predictively provide more intelligent data and analysis. Why have video analytics become so popular today? Processing is faster, camera resolution is better, and a significant increase in the amount of network-based data captured means improved AI and machine learning.
Types of Analytics
With analytics, intelligent video surveillance platforms can capture, index, and search of faces, license plates, objects, colors, and more. The comprehensive range of options include:
- Motion analytics
- Object tracking
- License plate recognition/automatic number recognition (LPR/ANPR)
- Facial analytics (face matching, detection, and recognition)
- Demographics with sentiment analysis
- Queue line analysis
- People counting and real-time occupancy
Intelligent video analytics can help you secure premises or provide customer insights. From instant identification to monitoring marketing displays, analytics work for you:
- Optimize customer service and operations
- Gather valuable business intelligence from existing video data
- Increase ROI
- Use insights from existing infrastructure to drive marketing and merchandising decisions
- Recognize threats
- Monitor triggers using facial recognition, advanced object tracking, and license plate recognition
- Reduce investigation time
- Reduce hours to minutes with a centralized, searchable database that includes powerful crime investigation analytics
- Meet compliance requirements
- Be on target with submitting evidential video within mandated time periods
Why a Video Analytics Platform Is Important
By adopting an intelligent video analytics platform, you can leverage server, edge, or cloud-based analytics. An intelligent platform is able to work with any analytics system and the correlation between multiple analytics can help you create purpose-built solutions to reduce costs, improve customer service, and keep customers and employees safe.
A comprehensive range of security analytics is available on 3VR by Identiv’s video intelligence platform, allowing you to capture, index and search faces, license plates, objects, and more. Learn more by visiting identiv.com/products/video-data-analytics/video-analytics, contacting your Identiv Sales Representative, calling +1 888-809-8880, or emailing email@example.com.