By the Identiv SCR Team
It shouldn’t surprise you that Identiv’s smart card-based products and solutions are utilized around the world to enable security and identification, transaction, e-health, and e-government applications. In fact, our world-class smart card readers are the gold standard for international governments.
- Identiv adheres to industry standards, including ISO 7816, PC/SC, and USB CCID.
- Identiv has been supplying smart card reader solutions globally — including projects in Europe and Asia — and to the DoD and federal government since the inception of HSPD-12.
- Identiv is a U.S. company based in California. Smart card readers are manufactured in TAA-compliant nations.
- With vast OEM capabilities, Identiv offers the largest form factor portfolio of modules and desktop smart card readers of any company in this space.
- Identiv is the trusted brand for smart card reader technology and the company’s contactless expertise is considered the best in the industry.
- Identiv’s smart card reader division is a dedicated business unit, not an offshoot of another division.
- Identiv’s smart card readers have faster throughput as compared to competitive offerings (in some cases, 50% faster).
- Identiv has expertise in custom board layout, antenna design and tuning, firmware development, and driver development. Identiv can customize readers with logos and different color plastics, cable lengths, and connectors.
- Dedicated engineers keep drivers and firmware consistently up-to-date and Identiv has IP around firmware and OS.
- Identiv is the only smart card reader manufacturer to work with OtterBox’s ruggedized case systems.