Article originally posted by Brianna Crandall via FMLink.
Identiv, a global provider of physical security and secure identification recently announced its cohesive collection of COVID-19 response solutions in order to support enterprise and government customers in reopening offices worldwide. Frictionless, touchless solutions can create healthier, more hygienic offices, points out the company. Hands-free technology can also streamline transactions and access, temperature tracking, and contact tracing to help employees and visitors feel safe and secure.
Steve Humphreys, Identiv CEO, stated:
With the threat of COVID-19 still around us, frictionless, hands-free solutions are a key part of any organization’s efforts to make a healthier, safer environment. Identiv’s highly secure access and identity solutions address multiple needs for businesses to reopen and grow again in the new pandemic-era normal.
Dr. Manfred Mueller, Identiv COO and GM, Identity, added:
As large public venues begin to reopen, quick, affordable temperature tracking will be the first line of defense to assure visitors and employees that operators have their safety at top of mind. For those not yet comfortable returning to work, secure network log-in options facilitate a bridge between on-site and telecommuting teams.
Smart, frictionless access control
- MobilisID uses the latest in Bluetooth and capacitive technologies to allow complete frictionless access, with no touching required. The MobilisID App (available via Apple iOS and Android) acts as a physical credential — the user can keep their mobile device in their pocket, wave their hand near the MobilisID Reader, and the door unlocks. MobilisID can also integrate with ADA-compliant automatic door hardware to form a complete touchless solution
- With the Freedom Access Control system, no reader is even required at the door. Freedom’s software-defined architecture uses the location of a user’s mobile device to determine their proximity to a door for hands-free ingress and egress. The system can also be used in parallel with conventional reader doors.
- Frictionless, batteryless uTrust UHF Credentials work with identification applications that require long-distance reading (i.e., more than 18 – 21 feet). Ultra-high-frequency (UHF) technology is ideal for parking lot access and gate control, door entry in hospitals or gated communities, logistics, object and people tracking in emergency situations, real-time locationing, cafeteria access, and any hands-free environment, including medical or care facilities, club and resort membership, sports facilities, and universities. The credentials can be read through badge holders, handbags, pockets, and backpacks.
No-touch time and attendance
- uTrust 3721 F multitechnology smart card reader features multiple frequency options and a keyboard emulation. Well-suited for employers who use a mixture of technologies for logical access, uTrust 3721 F leverages existing 125 kHz low-frequency (LF) or 13.56 MHz high-frequency (HF) cards. Out-of-the-box uTrust 3721 F can work with most time and attendance systems, letting employees simply tap a card to the reader to clock in.
Nearly hands-free transactions and access
- With near-field communication (NFC) technology, the user can get near an access point without ever actually touching it. Identiv’s NFC-Enabled Solutions feature a catalog of transponders compatible with NFC Forum created for secure contactless transactions and connecting electronic devices with a simple tap-and-go model.
- Designed for comfort and wearability, the uTrust Proximity Wristband keeps wearers from reaching for their phone or card every time they need to gain access to a parking garage, building, room, or elevator. A passive radio frequency identification (RFID) device, the no-battery credential is robust, resistant to cracking, and impervious to moisture.
Temperature tracking and contact tracing
- Identiv’s Body Temperature Measurement Patch is a wearable NFC-enabled transponder that supports the reopening of public spaces, including theme parks and stadiums, and helps operators keep attendees and employees comfortable, confident and safe. The patch also supports global governments and healthcare workers that need to periodically monitor quarantined patients diagnosed with COVID-19. The new solution combines the simplicity of using NFC and the smart technology potential of the Internet of Things (IoT), making body temperature monitoring easier than ever.
- Identiv has partnered with Telaeris to deliver a rapidly deployable mobile access control hardware and software solution that provides security in a variety of mission-critical situations where traditional systems cannot be supported. By leveraging Telaeris’ mobile credential verification hardware, Hirsch Velocity Software-based access control systems can go beyond protecting the perimeter and empower security staff to authenticate and authorize users with photos from anywhere, at any time, with real-time server synchronization. Telaeris handheld units with HealthCheck functionality can prompt staff to ask a series of health questions and input the taken temperature of a validated user to create a “health/access check” profile upon entering which can then be repeated upon exiting.
- If a person enters a building and is later found to be symptomatic, Hirsch Velocity Software with Contact Tracing can pull a report of everyone who entered the same door who can then be notified to either get tested or self-quarantine. While this is useful during the days of COVID-19, it can also be used for other applications, such as the seasonal influenza. This means every office can be proactive in responding to potential outbreaks, while simultaneously providing employees with the peace of mind that there are measures in place to keep them safe.
Working from home
For some organizations, even as worldwide economies open back up, employees continue to or are more comfortable working from home. Identiv’s smart card reader portfolio keeps work flowing while ensuring everyone’s data and health stays safe and secure. Top selections for secure network log-in while telecommuting include:
- uTrust Token Pro Mini Type A (smallest form factor, strong PKI, and Java Card technology),
- uTrust Token Pro Mini Type C (USB C and can feature user branding and applets),
- uTrust 2700R Contact (supports all PC operating systems and cards ICs),
- 3310v2.0 USB (ultra-compact, CAC and PIV-approved, and available in USB C),
- uTrust 4701 F Dual Interface (combines contact, contactless, and NFC tech), and
- uTrust SmartFold SCR3500 A (USB A, ultra-compact, and CAC and PIV-approved).
For more information about how Identiv can support an office reopening, check out the company’s Touchless Workplace Solutions.