Identiv, Inc. is committed to adding value for our customers, partners, employees, and shareholders by following the highest standards of corporate conduct.
Under the guidance of our Board of Directors, our management works to implement policies and procedures that we believe ensure the transparent and responsible management and monitoring of the company, consistent with the best interests of our stakeholders and the requirements of the law.
Ensuring that Identiv’s financial results fairly reflect the results of our operations is of paramount importance to the company and our investors. We are also committed to rigorously and diligently exercising our oversight responsibilities throughout the company, and managing our affairs consistent with the highest principles of business ethics and the corporate governance requirements of both federal law and the NASDAQ.
We have put in place a number of internal controls to ensure accountability and ethical conduct throughout all levels of the company. These include the following:
- Our Board has adopted a set of Corporate Governance Guidelines that outlines the responsibilities, structure and functions of the Board of Directors.
- A majority of our Board members are independent of Identiv and its management.
- All members of our key Board committees — the Audit Committee, the Compensation Committee, and the Nominating Committee — are independent.
- The independent members of our Board meet regularly without the presence of management.
- The charters of our Board committees clearly establish their respective roles and responsibilities.
- We have adopted a Code of Conduct and Ethics outlining our expectations for ethical conduct that applies to our directors, management, and employees.
- We have a hotline available to all employees, and our Audit Committee has procedures in place for the anonymous submission of employee complaints on accounting, internal controls, or auditing matters.
- Our internal audit control function maintains critical oversight over the key areas of our business and financial processes and controls, and reports directly to our Audit Committee, as do BDO, our independent accountants.
As part of our continuing process for improvement, we implement additional policies and procedures to ensure the appropriate internal audit controls for management reporting and safeguarding of our corporate assets when necessary.