Security Industry Association Announces Winners of the 2020 SIA Women in Security Forum Scholarship
September 1, 2020
The Security Industry Association
(SIA) has selected 12 recipients for the inaugural SIA Women in Security Forum Scholarship
– a program developed by the SIA Women in Security Forum
designed to further educational opportunities and promote advancement for a diverse security workforce.
Through this new scholarship – open to SIA members and student members – each awardee will receive $6,650 to use toward continuing education and professional development courses, conferences or webinars, SIA program offerings, repayment of student loan debt and/or other academic or education programs.
“The SIA Women in Security Forum continues to break new ground, inspire me and many others and provide unique opportunities for the widest spectrum of people possible to thrive in this field through initiatives like this new scholarship offering,” said SIA CEO Don Erickson. “We congratulate this talented and historic first class of SIA Women in Security Forum Scholarship winners and look forward to celebrating their many accomplishments to come.”
The winners for the 2020 SIA Women in Security Forum Scholarship are:
- Ryane Burke, partner marketing and events manager, Identiv
- Margurie Evans, SIA student member; event security lead, Phoenix Suns
- Antoinette King, key account manager – end user, Axis Communications
- Kavya Madhusudhan, senior project engineer, Allegion
- Erin Mann, customer experience and strategy marketing manager, multifamily, Allegion Canada Inc.
- Daphne Navarro, SIA student member
- Sheethal Rao, mechanical engineer, Allegion
- Jenna Rolfe, SIA student member; junior readiness and security policy officer, Global Affairs Canada
- Joneka Russell, security offer, Allied Universal
- Holly Sanson, marketing manager, ADT Commercial
- Kerri Sutherland, human resources business partner, Axis Communications
- Rachel Wyatt-Swanson, director of business development, Cherokee Nation Security & Defense
Identiv is incredibly proud to celebrate Ryane Burke. In her role, Ryane is responsible for all partner marketing initiatives and live and virtual events management. She joined Identiv by way of the company’s acquisition of 3VR in 2015. Prior to that, Burke worked in video game technology and financial services. She holds a B.S. in business administration from the University of Phoenix and completed a professional program in graphic and web design at the University of California (UC), Berkeley.
Ryane believes a focus on women elevating other women is crucial to affecting real change in the security industry – and though she applied for the SIA Women in Security Forum Scholarship in order to support her own career advancement, she is also committed to working just as hard to help her peers thrive. She will be using the scholarship funds to attend UC San Diego in the fall to study project management and plans to sit for the Project Management Professional exam upon completion of the program.
Cheers to you, Ryane! Your accomplishments continue to inspire us!