Veterans Health Administration
The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs’ (VA) Veterans Health Administration faces the critical challenge of serving the nation’s nearly 10 million veterans. Though each VA medical center functions with its own unique environment and needs, the VA Office of Information and Technology (OIT) is responsible for a seamless, unified veteran experience and must deliver state-of-the-art technology for each facility. Today, VA IT leaders are responsible for deploying and managing hospital access control systems, per the Office of Management and Budget’s (OMB) revised A-130 regulation.
FICAM-Compliant Access Control
Identiv’s Hirsch Velocity Software is a Federal Identity, Credential, and Access Management (FICAM)-compliant management system for access control and security operations. Velocity integrates access control, video, alarms, badging, smart cards, biometrics, role-based access control (RBAC), identity management, optional Federal Information Processing Standards (FIPS) capabilities, and interoperability with network security and databases. Velocity is federally approved for the long term and is featured on the GSA’s Approved Products List (APL).
Managing VA IT Security Operations
The integrated Velocity platform manages access control and security operations in thousands of different facilities, from single high secure rooms to multi-building, multi-location campuses with the most stringent security compliance. With Velocity, VA IT security operations can control doors, gates, turnstiles, elevators, and other equipment, monitor employee, visitor, and patient behavior, prevent unwanted access, maintain compliance, and provide a robust audit trail. The latest version of the software platform is designed to deliver the highest level of security, interoperability, and backwards compatibility, and it accommodates the evolution of security technology.
OIT-Approved Security Software
Identiv’s OIT-approved, award-winning Hirsch Velocity Software integrates with multiple security, IT, and HR systems, including Lynx phone systems, multiple video platforms, and bi-direcitonal OSDP readers. Identiv offers a single point of contact for Velocity licensing and technical support. Our regionally deployed sales and engineering teams are available today to discuss the latest best practices revealed during recently completed upgrades at VA facilities across the nation.
Access Control Technology for VA Medical Facilities
Velocity provides the security and functionality expected from high-end systems with the ease-of-use found in entry-level packages. It features the most vital access control technology for VA medical facilities, including:
- Administration: Contains Velocity, controllers, and interface configuration tools
- Alarm Viewer: Monitor and acknowledge active system alarms, such as a DOTL (door open too long)
- Badging Design: Design and control the issuance of credentials from within the Velocity environment
- CCTV and DVR Integrations: View video with the built-in video viewer; launch from active alarm, graphics module, or the viewer
- Enrollment Manager: Comprehensive enrollment tool for managing individuals, groups, and their credentials
- Event Viewer: View system events as they occur with as much granularity as needed
- Graphics: Visual interface for door status, alarms, and links to video feeds
- Report Manager: Choose from 75 default reports or create your own and export in wide variety of formats
- Scheduling Agent: Schedule system tasks, like deactivating credentials, running logs, printing reports, or executing command sets.
- Status Viewer: Review the status of all hardware connected to a system, including doors, inputs, relays, and controllers
- Trigger Action Manager: Pair an action to an event (i.e., associate an alarm with a video camera)
- Velocity Web Services Client: Access information and control systems via a web link; optimized for Internet Explorer 11 (IE11) and Chrome
- Who’s Inside: Monitor the personnel in a given building or floor; ideal for managing emergency egress/mustering.